Thursday, 17 January 2013

Just Got Paid

After I got my first job as a newspaper delivery boy, I'd always go to the record store on payday to spend my money.
I'd come home with my new vinyl record, put on my headphones, put the record on the turntable and let it play. Listening to the record all the way through, reading the liner notes, and taping the record onto cassette were the first things I did after a record store visit.
Over the CD years, I got out of that habit, to the point that i didn't even know song titles anymore, it was just "track 4" on the CD. With vinyl making a bit of a comeback, I've rediscovered a bit of the joy of just listening to a record.



"Just Got Paid" by ZZ Top

I just got paid today, 
got me a pocket full of change.
Said, I just got paid today, 
got me a pocket full of change.
If you believe like workin' hard all day, 
just step in my shoes and take my pay.

I was born my papa's son,
when I hit the ground I was on the run.
I had one glad hand and the other behind.
You can have yours, just give me mine.
When the hound dog barkin' in the black of the night,
stick my hand in my pocket, everything's all right.



What I'm Wearing
Hair .. Exile - AJ Swiss
Headphones .. Stanby Inc - Retro Headphones
Skin .. Birth - Thor
Shape .. WaxworX - Winter
Pants .. LWL - Henninger Jeans

What You See
Record Player .. LISP 
Guitar Bag .. 22769 
Record Crates .. Floorplan 
Safe & Airplane Art .. PILOT
Tequila - 333 Creations
Sexy Pinup Girl - Sorry, she's mine!