Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Freak Like Me - BOYB Challenge

Constellations Blog has a challenge called Bust Out Of Your Bubble. I asked Millie Gloom from Demented Dollie if she'd like to collaborate for the challenge.

We got together and had a great time putting together a rock show scene, and afterwards we kicked back for a little Q&A to get to know a little bit about each other, since the objective of the challenge was to meet new people and learn about how they blog.


I asked the questions first. For Milli'e questions to me, visit Demented Dollie.


1) What inspired you to start blogging?

My love of goth/ alternative fashion and seeing that it was often not well represented on the fashion feeds!
(you're representing well!)

2) What do you do to prepare for a new blog post?

I take hours to prepare for any blog post. But it usually starts with an idea/ concept, then I move onto select my outfit and finally choose a location/ build the scene.
(I switch the last two, I'm usually more interested in the scene than I am my clothing.)

3) What tips would you give to a new blogger?

Preparation is key! Make sure you are well prepared beforehand. Also, enjoy yourself! If you enjoy the blogging process it shows in your photos!
(If you're not having fun, it's really not worth doing!)

4) What are five brands in SL that you love?

Only 5? There really are soooooo many that I love! I am a total shopaholic!! I could probably pick 5 brands per item- hair/ skins/ eyes/ clothes/ shoes/ jewelry/ tattoos/ make-ups!
(Cheater!  Just kidding.)

5) Do you rent or own land, and if yes, what kind of home do you have?

I currently do not own or rent land, I have done previously, but right now I am simply squatting in my skybox on a friends' land!!
(I've always had somewhere to call "home", and it sounds like squatting in a skybox is the same as having a home. At least you're not living on the pier at hobo village.)

6) How often do you work with other people?

Not very! This was only the third time, that I can remember, that I have worked with someone else!
(Collaborating is fun, isn't it?)


"Freak Like Me" by Halestorm
We’re underground but we will not surrender,
We’re gonna give them something to remember, yeah,
So write your name in gasoline,
And set that shit on fire

If you’re a freak like me,
Wave your flag!
If you’re a freak like me,
Get off your ass!
It’s our time now,
To let it all hang out


Millie is wearing;
check her card at Demented Dollie

Billy is wearing:
Skin .. Birth - Reese (light)
Shape .. WaxworX - Winter
Hair .. Ispachi - Hunter
Pants .. FATEwear - Brad Pants
Boots .. Gos - Triumph Boot
Vest .. Lavarock - True Metallian Vest
Necklace .. Lavarock - Inverted Cross Necklace
Wristbands .. 22769 - Leather Bracelets

Props
Letters .. Riders Mesh Fonts
Drums .. Vandenbrande3design - Drum kit mesh
Billy's Pose & Guitar .. Purple Poses - Guitar Poses mesh
Stage Truss .. DATS - Sculpted Truss Kit
Speaker Array .. Leet's Sound & Light - Stage Speaker Array
Marshalls .. Studio-2k .. Marshall AMP 2k
Lights .. GCD Stage Spotlights